1. Business Insurance
    2. /
    3. Transport Insurance

    Transport Insurance

    Transport insurance policies can provide cover to protect a variety of different assets such as Single Trucks, trailers owned or non-owned and Prime Movers.

    Get a Quote

  • Specialist Motor Insurance

    If your business operates vehicles as a core service, you need to consider specialist motor insurance. We can arrange cover for a wide range of vehicle types that can be tailored to your business requirements.

    • Some of the vehicles we provide insurance solutions for are:

      • Rigid trucks, prime movers, b-double, trailers, tippers, dumpers, forklifts and loaders.
      • Goods carriers, including refrigerated goods carriers, bulk hazardous goods carriers, grain carriers, livestock carriers, goods carrying vehicles.
      • Mobile plants, including mobile cranes, earthmovers and heavy equipment.
      • Tractors and other motorised agricultural machines.
      • Sedans, station wagons, four wheel drives, utilities, vans, specialist vehicles etc.
      • Buses, light rigid through to heavy, including articulated.
      • Fleets, solutions for all types of fleets, – cars, trucks and trailers.
    • We also tailor solutions for a variety of other transport services including earthmovers, mobile cranes, buses, fleet vehicles, specialist vehicles and heavy equipment.

  • Our Policies Can Cover

    Our package policies can extend to cover not only the Truck, Prime Mover and Trailer but also:

    • Public Liability Insurance

      Liability cover away from the vehicles insured.


    • Load Insurance

      Under the new Chain of Responsibility Act you will be brought into an action if the goods you are carrying are damaged.


    • Additional Expenses

      Customers Consequential Loss (E.g. Loss of Income).

    • Business Interruption

      Your own loss of income whilst your vehicle is being repaired following a Motor vehicle incident, covered under a Motor Vehicle Claim, including any downtime incurred.

  • Why Us?

    Citycover specialise in Transport and Heavy Motor Vehicle insurance. When you take out a tailored Transport Insurance policy, you will immediately have access to our expert claims team for personal service on claims, and our experienced advisers for advice on Risk Management.

      • We have access to Specialist Transport Insurers and Assessors.
      • Risk Management Plans plus Insurers 24/7 Accident Assist programs.
      • Experienced Truck Insurance Advisers able to design a package policy for your consideration.
      • Ability to obtain premium discounts for drivers who have experience moving into their own business.
      • Receive News articles from Logistic Solicitors.
      • Experienced and respected Industry Claims officers.
      • For young or inexperienced drivers we can provide cover depending on history.
  • FAQs

    Frequently Asked Questions for Transport Insurance.

    • Do I need Load Insurance?

      Load insurance protects the Chain of Responsibility. The Competition and Consumer Act, including any contracts between you and the Freight Forwarding Agent will dictate, however our advice is to get Load Insurance, as it can protect you in the event of damage or loss.

    • Can I pay my premiums by the month?

      Yes. All insurance offered by Citycover can be paid by the month through premium funders. If you chose to use the premium funder’s service, your monthly instalments will be tax deductible.

    • When do I ring about a Radius Extension?

      Be warned some companies believe if your journey states “base to a destination beyond your normal radius” you are outside of the radius when you leave the base. Others say you are “out of radius” when you reach the radius limit. Seek professional advice from your Citycover Adviser.

    • What Liability Covers are available and do I need them all?

      Yes – we suggest reviewing the following liability covers to ensure you are protected in the event of a claim:

      1.) CTP Third Party Bodily Injury;

      2.) Motor Section Liability covers damage by your truck;

      3.) Public Liability covers you outside of your truck.

    • I don’t have much driving experience, can I still get cover?

      Yes you can, and Citycover has the ability to sort this for you. All we need is your driving history. The more experience you have, discounts may apply after years of driving and a good driving record.

    • How do I make a claim?

      As your Adviser, you will always contact Citycover in the first instance and we will guide you through the claims process as this can vary from insurer to insurer.

  • Need Help?

    Our experienced team is ready to answer any questions you have.

      • Over 45 Years of Trust
        Australians have been trusting Citycover with their insurance needs since 1972.
      • 24/7 Emergency Claims Service
        We take the stress away, as we know claims don’t just occur between the hours of 8am to 5pm.
      • Member of Austbrokers
        Top 250 ASX-listed company, better wordings, better governance and better purchasing power.
  • Need to Claim?

    • Our claims process is seamless, market leading and hassle free. You can submit a claim 24/7 online, or alternatively you can phone us during business hours on (07) 3270 1500 or after hours on 0419-710-868. Your dedicated claims specialist will assist you with your claim from start to finish.

    • Find Out More
  • Our Team

    The knowledge and experience of Citycover’s amazing team is widely recognised. We are extremely passionate insurance professionals, who love what we do.

    • Mark Sandow

      Managing Director

      Stewart Harker


      Daneille Crawford

      Head of Client Services

      Gayle Herriman

      Head of Claims Services

      Kerrilyn Olver

      Claims Adviser

      David Kimber

      Senior Insurance Adviser

      Jonathan Hobson

      Senior Insurance Adviser

      Lynette Braddock

      Insurance Adviser

      Paul McGregor

      Insurance Adviser

      Tracy Livesey

      Insurance Adviser

      Liz Walker

      Insurance Adviser (AR 001256865)

      Paul Cotterill

      Insurance Adviser (AR 000442425)

    • We are a small Transport Co. and have dealt with a number of Brokers over the past 25 years. The service we get from Citycover is far beyond any other broker we have dealt with. The advice we receive is up to date and relevant to our business and the claims department take all the hassle out of any claims. We highly recommend them.

      John B
      Business Owner
      26th October, 2017