Business Interruption Insurance prepares you for unforeseen circumstances and protects your business against disruption, loss of income and delays to rebuild your business which ultimately effects your cash flow and your gross profit.
Too often people in business insure their business premises, contents and stock against the material damage risks of fire, explosion and other perils, without giving thought to business interruption insurance and the other problems that could arise.
After a serious catastrophe:
- Production is disrupted
- Income falls drastically
- Redundancy and other payments may have to be made to employees who lose their jobs.
- Emergency measures, like hire of other premises and plant, must be paid for.
- Delays in rebuilding and replacement of plant can drain capital.
- Lost orders and customers may never be recouped.
- Recruiting and training new staff can delay recovery.
- Net profit becomes net loss.
When you consider the potential negative impact a catastrophe could have on your business, it puts Business Interruption Insurance into perspective, making sure your business becomes viable again.
Risk management plans should consider the loss of cash flow as well as the provision of material damage cover for buildings, plant and stock. Interruption to trading may last for a few months, a year or even longer. There is also the immediate extra expenses to get the business going again, as quickly as possible, so that you don’t ultimately loose your customers as well.
To obtain a quote or learn more about business interruption insurance, please phone us on (07) 3270 1500